Monday, 27 December 2010
Friday, 24 December 2010
Tuesday, 21 December 2010
Friday, 17 December 2010
Saturday, 11 December 2010
Thursday, 2 December 2010
Monday, 29 November 2010
I was rather excited last week to receive a lovely order for my felt birdies.
The customer had a couple of specific colour requests, but then left the rest up to me, providing they were darker colours (i.e. no white).
Monday, 22 November 2010
3. Sew the felt shapes on in a symetrical design using a small running stitch. Cut a long piece of felt for the butterfly body, shaping as desired (rounding the ends etc.,) and sew using blanket stitch in the middle of the butterfly.
6. Pin the two pieces together and sew through them around the butterfly body, taking care not to let the stitches show on the front.
7. Starting at the bottom middle, using a blanket stitch, start to sew through the two layers of felt, around one of the wings.
8. When you reach the top of the wing, attach the ribbon by incorporating it between the felt layers with the blanket stitch.
9. Stuff the wing lightly before completely sewing the wing shut. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the other wing.
Friday, 5 November 2010
- Chop the onion and lightly fry in a knob of butter in a large saucepan
- Peel and chop the carrots add to frying onions.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin in to small pieces add to saucepan with the stock.
- Simmer for 20mins or until the pumpkin is soft and mashable.
- Allow to cool slightly and transfer the contents of the saucepan to a liquidiser and liquidise to preferred consistancy.
- Serve adding Salt and Pepper to taste!
Monday, 1 November 2010
Thursday, 21 October 2010
The top one is the first one I made and like most of the ones I've seen, has the motive on the end. This one is made from the metal hair slides that snap shut! I decided to be a bit different with the middle ones and sew the motive in the middle.
The bottom ones are made with Curl Clips or Alligator Clips. Ribbon is glued around the clip and then the design is glued to the clip.
I think both clip styles are equally effective and I might just make a few to sell on my craft stall!
Here are a few of the web pages where I got my inspriation...http://weefolkart.com/?q=node/293
http://shop.giddygiddy.com/ This last site is selling their Felt hair clips, but the designs are fantastic and vast!
Monday, 18 October 2010
A pair of Horror Finger puppets...
A Set of Halloween Blocks Decoration
And last but not least
A fimo witch bear...
Thursday, 14 October 2010
Tuesday, 12 October 2010
I've got a bit carried away as they knit up quite quickly! The last one is awaiting stitching up! My daughter decided to try the Nittybod on the same webpage!
Friday, 8 October 2010
Each drawer is sorted in to patterns, ribbons and lace, buttons and bits and bobs, and top drawer is for scissors, sticky tape, measuring tapes, needles and pins etc...
How marvellous to have everthing sorted and to hand!
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
Here is the result....
We used a bit of non sew bond-a-web to apply the letters, a good opportunity to find out how it holds up against day to day use. I made her, draw and cut them out. I left it unlined for quickness, sewed in the zip, and added a bit of the gingham to the end of the zip.
A few weeks in and the pencil case is holding up to daily use, however the bond-a-web is starting to peel up in places, so I might add a few stitches around the edges
Monday, 27 September 2010
Saturday, 25 September 2010
I made this heart from some lovely fabric I was sent in a fabric swap
organised by the MSE ladies.
I made some more of the felt birdies too...
I had also made 2 large hearts, one in red gingham with an applique pink flower on it and a green striped one with a small red heart appliqued on it, both of these sold at the fete, so I haven't got a picture. I will probably make some more though and will make sure I take a picture.