Friday 17 December 2010

Pink Buttercup Bag

My Sister in Law asked me if I would make a bag for her to give to her son's (my nephew) Girlfriend for Christmas. She liked the Buttercup Bag shape, but specified a long cross body Strap, a zip closure and pink.


I had a rummage in my stash of fabric and found the flowery fabric, which was sent to me in a fabric swap with Witchwoopiggy! I also used the lining fabric which was also received in the fabric swap. The plain pink was the remains of a tea towel I had used for other projects.


I've made 2 pockets on the inside. 1 to hold a mobile phone and the other a bit bigger.


I'm really pleased with how this bag turned out. The material has a linen feel to it and it looks really nice and (without wanting to blow my own trumpet too much) professional.

Sarah xx




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lovely bag and so neatly done. It's great to have a stash of fabric to fall back on. Bet your SIL will be really pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud, I would be too! Great job and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete