Another thing I have been meaning to make for ages is Fabric Strawberries. I'm sure I have seen lots on t'internet... but I decided to follow this pattern from Embroideroo.
Again I have used red fleece and also made one out of normal fabric.... just to see how it turned out. I found the fleece lent itself very well as it has a little more give in it to shape itself to a strawberry. The fabric one turned out well too, but the fleece is very tactile.
Attaching the felt leaves gave me an opportunity to use my hot glue gun, and I was rather pleased with the result, although I could do with a bit more practice with the gluing and rolling up the stem without getting the glue all over my fingers and everywhere else. I am still toying with making some more and adding some embroidered pips to the fleece version.
Something I have come across whilst blog hopping, is lots of delightful Toadstool Houses. I finally got around to making one a week or so ago. I used a pattern by The Little House by the Sea but substituted the red felt for fleece. I also made up my own Door, Window and Greenery!
It took me a couple of hours, but I really enjoyed this project.
I have been a huge fan of Snoopy and the Peanuts cartoons for as long as I can remember. I have also worn Nightdresses with Snoopy on them too for as long as I can remember. My last one needed replacing and a quick look in the usual shops was fruitless... Alas!
Of course, it didn't take me long to realise I could make my own Snoopy Nightdress using my Silhouette machine. So on a shopping trip to the local market I found a suitable oversized T-shirt for just £2.00. I scanned the good old internet for pictures of Snoopy in all his glory and found one including woodstock... having copied and traced the picture in the Silhouette software, I added the word Snoopy and chose a suitable font. The extra flowers came about because I hate wasting the iron on vinyl (just one of those things really...) but I think they enhanced the overall result. When I cut it on the silhouette I used the setting for Iron on Vinyl, but it cut a bit too deep and through the backing too! I was worried it was all going to fall apart. Luckily it held together enough to let me weed it (peel off the excess vinyl) and then position and iron it on to the t-shirt. I cut the yellow vinyl for Woodstock by hand and ironed it on to the t-shirt first. and then ironed the main image over the top, which is a deep purple as I didn't have any black.
I set the iron slightly hotter than before and I think it worked much better (I did a test, by ironing a small flower on the reverse if the t-shirt first).
Here is the result of my mornings work. I am extremely pleased with how it has turned out....
I am a wife and mother of 2 grown up childen, part time employee, aadministrator and self employed Karaoke host. I enjoy crafting, karaoke and many other things.
I'm a big Bon Jovi fan and have been to many BJ gigs in the UK and one in Amsterdam. I have also seen many other artists in concert.
My other big love is Karaoke. I just love a Karaoke night out, whether I'm, hosting it or just attending. Yes I sing (sometimes reasonably well, othertimes badly). My party Piece is There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis.