Wednesday 29 September 2010

A Pencil Case

The night before my daugher was about to start her new school, she decided she wanted a new pencil case... So, not wanting to disappoint her I told her to have a rummage in my stash and find some material. She pulled out a leg off a pair of old black jeans and some red gingham. She wanted her name on it.




Here is the result....



We used a bit of non sew bond-a-web to apply the letters, a good opportunity to find out how it holds up against day to day use. I made her, draw and cut them out. I left it unlined for quickness, sewed in the zip, and added a bit of the gingham to the end of the zip.

A few weeks in and the pencil case is holding up to daily use, however the bond-a-web is starting to peel up in places, so I might add a few stitches around the edges

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment