For the last few years I have grown my own Pumpkins for Halloween. This year was no exception, and I manage to produce 3 football sized pumkins and one slightly larger. I gave 2 away and and we carved 2 for displaying to the trick or treaters.
I was determined not to waste the pumpkins afterwards, so have made some soup... here's how I did it.
Half a medium sized pumpkin
1 large onion (also home grown)
1 chicken stock cube made into 450ml of stock.
Knob of butter
- Chop the onion and lightly fry in a knob of butter in a large saucepan
- Peel and chop the carrots add to frying onions.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin in to small pieces add to saucepan with the stock.
- Simmer for 20mins or until the pumpkin is soft and mashable.
- Allow to cool slightly and transfer the contents of the saucepan to a liquidiser and liquidise to preferred consistancy.
- Serve adding Salt and Pepper to taste!
Mmmmm...... this was surprisingly tasty!