Friday 5 November 2010

Home Grown / Home Made Pumpkin Soup


For the last few years I have grown my own Pumpkins for Halloween. This year was no exception, and I manage to produce 3 football sized pumkins and one slightly larger. I gave 2 away and and we carved 2 for displaying to the trick or treaters.


I was determined not to waste the pumpkins afterwards, so have made some soup... here's how I did it.

Ingredients

Half a medium sized pumpkin
1 large onion (also home grown)
2 carrotts
1 chicken stock cube made into 450ml of stock.
Knob of butter
  1. Chop the onion and lightly fry in a knob of butter in a large saucepan
  2. Peel and chop the carrots add to frying onions.

  3. Peel and chop the pumpkin in to small pieces add to saucepan with the stock.

  4. Simmer for 20mins or until the pumpkin is soft and mashable.

  5. Allow to cool slightly and transfer the contents of the saucepan to a liquidiser and liquidise to preferred consistancy.

  6. Serve adding Salt and Pepper to taste!

Mmmmm...... this was surprisingly tasty!


Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment