Tuesday 25 May 2010

A Craft Morning

At last I've had a chance to sit down and make something. I wanted to make a bag, and was just going to make a simple tote/shopping bag. However, it was mother in laws birthday yesterday (yes I forgot!), so I thought I'd make her the Buttercup Bag, which has been discussed and made by some of the ladies on the sewing thread on moneysavingexpert.com. Pattern courtesy of Made By Rae, http://www.made-by-rae.com/2009/02/free-buttercup-bag-sewing-pattern.html I forgot to take photos initially, but took a couple when I was part way through.
Made from some fabric I bought at Dunelm Mill, it was an end of roll piece for £1.99. I lined it with some cream satin fabric which was left over from my wedding dress. And the 2 buttons are from a huge tin of buttons my sister in law gave me.
Lining halves made with magnetic clasp and pocket sewn in place. Main fabric pinned ready to sew.


Finished bag waiting for handle.


Completely finished.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great, I really must get round to making one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fabric you have used. I keep meaning to attempt one of these but still havent yet. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag Sarah well done. think i might have to have a go at one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your kind comments

    ReplyDelete