Monday 31 October 2011

Handmade Felt Novelties Part 1

I sat on the sofa one evening and was inspired by my daughters notebook which had owls on it.  I started by sketching a rough idea, and then got out my wool mix felt to select the colours.

The main colours are blue and pink with big yellow felt and black embroidered eyes. I sewed all the parts together with a blanket stitch and stuffed it lightly with hollowfibre! The little beck stands slight proud, which was achieved by sewing the sides closer together so the beak was pushed out.


I think I need to do a little more to the wings and tail feathers, and will probably add some coloured felt feathers and embroider them on some how... another job for when I'm sat on the sofa watching tv.

I'm quite pleased with myself for making my own design instead of copying someone elses!

Sarah xx

2 comments:

  1. Aw so cute and gorgeous colours! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a lovely owl, well done, you have got a lot of detail on it.

    ReplyDelete