I have finally got around to making something this year. I had the flu over New Year and the first couple of weeks of January, so haven't felt like making anything. However, I have kept up with reading my blog list and have been blog hopping to my hearts content. I came across a tutorial to sew a pouch with the zip on the front. (it may have been from a link on the MSE Sewing forum). I mulled it over in my mind until it made sense, and yesterday I made the pouch with a bit of applique on the front and lined it with the same fabric as the applique.
The applique is a bit dodgy, sewing around the curves on the flower wasn't quite as easy as I thought, having thought the flower was a simple design. I think a bit of practice would put this right.
Still, I am quite pleased with this pouch, and I plan to make a some more using some fabric I spied in Dunelm Mill at the weekend, although I may try hand sewing the applique with a blanket stitch instead.
Blast From The Past - Lottery New Year Favours!
14 hours ago