Sunday 22 September 2013

Lanterns for a Silver Anniversary Party

It was my Brother and his wife's 25th Wedding Anniversary in August, and I offered to make some lanterns to hang around the garden.


There was plenty of inspiration on the internet and Pinterest. However I decided to personalise the lanterns using my trusty Silhouette SD to make a stencil, and some etching cream to etch the design into the glass.

As it was a Silver Wedding, I used Silver ribbon to decorate and hide the wire used for the handles. and I found some silver coloured granules to put in the bottom of the jars. I also had a bit of brainwave and applied a thin layer of glue and sprinkled glitter onto the stencil, before peeling the stencil off. I think it turned out rather well.


The twinkly effect of the glittered lanterns was lovely with the candles lit as the sun went down.

Sarah xx

 .

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! So good to reuse jars and this is a project I would like to have a go at.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea! I'm sure they were thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really effective. I really hope they were appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, I'm going to keep some nice jars for next summer. thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea. bookmarking it for my 25th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, never thought of doing anything like this with a jam jar :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea, and I'm sure it was appreciated too.

    ReplyDelete